Monday 18 December 2017

From Phantom to Year's End

Yes....that's correct....'Year's End'. And, since I described this blog as the Adventures of Chris and Claire in 2017, that mean's 'Blog's End' as well. But before you breathe too loud a sigh of relief, I must correct myself and say 'This Blog's End'. 'Bits and the Poet Go Travelling' is nearly complete, but its successor is already created.  2017 was a good year for me to write a travel blog. We did a lot of travelling, and with the arrival of Chris's sensor insulin pump, we were released into more independence than we had achieved for many years. Now I must move on.
But first I need to give 'Phantom of the Opera' a mention. This wonderful show, which neither of us had seen before, was a fitting end to our travels. It confirmed my belief that the best modern musicals can only be seen to real advantage on a London stage with all the amazing sets and technology which are available. Despite the costs, and the near heart-attack caused by the life-like vast chandelier, which swung perilously close to the heads of the audience, I cannot recommend the show highly enough. It is unsurprising that it has maintained its popularity in the West End of London for so long.



So where next?
People who know me well will realise that I have pushed my boundaries of activity and projects to the limit in 2017. My New Year's Resolution is to be a bit less busy. The problem is that I really don't want to give anything up, and I do want to finish another book in 2018, so I can't quite see how I'm going to cut down, well on anything really!

I won't bore you with a review of 2017. It's all in this blog. If you have purchased my book, I sincerely thank you. If you have read it and enjoyed it even a little bit, but not yet put a review on Amazon, then I urge you to find a few minutes to do so. You don't have to have bought the book from Amazon, and each review in 2017 will impact on sales in 2018.

Here is the link Different Genes

And finally.........
The new blog will be called Bitsn'BooksBexhill. If you click on the title you will reach the first post. I'm not sure yet how the blog will evolve, but I envisage a mixture of bookish stuff including some reviews of other books, and tours of my lovely hometown of Bexhill. Thank you to everyone who has followed my blog this year.  Hopefully I will see some you on the new page in 2018, or maybe earlier. I wish all my readers a happy and healthy 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment